Wednesday 8 August 2007

The Power of a Woman

I recently read a fabulous post by Cytherea about the power of a woman and where that power comes from. Her male friend suggested that it was all about pussy and the ability to withhold it. She however, hoped that it is connected to intelligence as well as sex.
This got me thinking about the way i try to exert my power on others. Actually, that makes me sound like a crazed freak, what i mean is more about subtly influencing people.

I am a sexual person. I feel in touch with my body, the way it moves when i walk and how this can be perceived. I know how to stand so my arse looks its best and how to angle my shoulders and neck to make me look as tall and elegant as possible. When i flirt i like to seem unobtainable, you know, a bit mysterious. And i suppose that makes a nod to the withholding pussy theory, albeit unintentional. I thought it was all about seeming sexy.

I try to balance things ie: short skirt and long sleeved top no cleavage OR low cut top with trousers. Don't give it all away in one go. Do i want to be looked at? Hell yes! But i (weirdly) enjoy using the effect to my advantage if and where i can. It isn't always about tits and ass but eyes, smiles, even the tone of your voice and i have to admit getting a kick out of it. This isn't about the means to misbehave or to cruelly tease others, i just believe in getting the best from every situation.

I adore clothes, the variety of fabrics and how they feel or emphasize certain parts of my body. I take such pleasure in assembling an outfit. I choose to suit the occasion and my mood. I do this as it is something i enjoy, not directly to get attention.

Smile at someone as you pass them in the street, warmly make conversation at the till in a shop and my big thing, compliment someone when they deserve it. If i notice something good about a person, i tell them. Don't just think it, say it!
Maybe it is something to do with my own lack of self esteem, the reason i do this. I don't want anyone to feel as crappy about myself as i have and still do sometimes. Lots of times.

The chemistry between men and woman and the power they have over each other remains confusing and mysterious to me. I have been fortunate enough never to have experienced these powers being used in a truly negative or violent way, but i know this happens. Sometimes a man can crush any authority i had simply by ignoring me, god knows what it feels like to be mentally or physically abused.

For now i will continue to use my sexuality - it is part of who i am and i rather like it. This evening i am going out with a good friend. What shall i wear? The low cut top AND the short skirt i think. ;)

5 comments:

Richard said...

Sounds like an interesting evening coming up.

And a good post; thank you!

Anonymous said...

nice theory, i am much the same, x

Vi said...

I always give compliments where they are due. It always boosts my self esteem, so like to do it to others as well.

Luka said...

Hello! I swung by here after reading your comment on The Man's blog. It can sometimes be a bit cliquey, no matter what the clique will tell you about it being otherwise :) That's a big factor in why I started Barbed Wire Boudoir, to balance things out a little.

An interesting post of yours. The power you refer to is a subtle blend of so many factors. I feel it is far more to do with confidence and body language than with actual dress. Clothes do have an effect, but its how you wear them that counts.

n said...

Thanks for that Luka, i was feeling a bit confused by it all. Now its a little clearer. x