Saturday 25 August 2007

My head hurts

I'm trying to think of a clever way to start this post but i can't. Could be because of my hangover and the fact that i was up till 1am eating crisps to soak up the alcohol. J was drinking something bizarre brought back from someones holiday from a tealight holder. This gives some indication of the size of our hangover.

Before i got too drunk to make any sense i had been trying to explain to J what i like so much about blogging (yes,we've been communicating much better and it's good, really good).
This is how i put it.

Everything is back to front. Where else do you know a persons secret thought, a private emotion before anything else? There is no 'hello how do you do? What line of work are you in then?'
There are few barriers to getting straight to the heart of the matter. You don't have to weigh up whether or not someone might be on your wavelength. BAM, you just put it out there. And i love that.

Something else that i keep thinking about is how i don't know what you look like nor you me. I've got some ideas from photos or incidental descriptions but a lot of it is made up in my head. I know some of you meet but it wasn't looks that attracted you to each other in the first place, it was words. And god that gets me going.

I hadn't realised quite how much i use the way i look to express myself. Not just clothes, hair, make-up but body language. I'm not crazy about all these 'mwah mwah' types but i do like to hold my friends arm when she is sad or take someones hand in mine to show i understand. I'm really trying hard to show my feelings with words.

You all know that already so sorry for writing about the lovely secret you have shared together for however long you've been part of this. I'm just happy to be here that's all.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The idea of drinking out of a tealight holder cracked me up.

I'm with you on the allure of blogging and the power of words. When I first started, I'd find myself coming to a halt at times during my normal working day, thinking "Aargh! What am I DOING?" It is brave and slightly unhinged of us, I think, to expose the intimate inner workings of our minds to complete strangers - and so seductive. I love the way you can feel you know someone, without having to go through all the rigmarole of real life. But there are pitfalls as well.

Fire Byrd said...

Couldn't agree more n, it is a great place to be who we are without the confines of work, kids etc. I love being able to have someone bear witness to my history.
And even more love the warmth and care i get held in when I'm posting something sad of difficult!
it's lovely that you are here now too, we needed you to be here. Even though no one knew it till you got here, another of the joys of blogging.
pxx

Lady in red said...

what else is there to say these two have said it already.

oh just remember that it isnt all sweetness and light in blog land just as it isnt in real life. just be careful nott to get caught up in it.

Kahless said...

Hi n,
I have been blogging for about 3 months now and it is so great isn't it. I never realised how much I would love it. I never knew how much words could express.
Any as you said, there is no pretense here in blogland. You can just express exactly what you want, and maybe wouldn't dare to in real life because people would think you crazy. Real life people dont know this side of me.
Blogging has its downsides too emotionally at times, but I wouldn't change it for the world.
Keep blogging friend!

Anonymous said...

love it, keep it honey x