Friday 17 August 2007

Butterflies

Standing in the shower i escape. I let the water gush over my head so my ears are covered with water. You can't hear anything, it's bliss. Seconds, minutes even, can slip by before i remember that a small person may want me or i think of some of the tasks for that day.

While i'm in my watery world i'm just n.

Today i had a sort of nervous feeling, or was it excitement? I'm not sure but it felt and still feels like i have butterflies beating their wings against my heart, nudging me to feel something, encouraging and daring me to let emotion take over.

I read something the other day that elated me. The way in which the writer captured what i feel, what i've been thinking caused waves of relief to wash over me and i cried.

(Excuse the next bit of writing for being a bit rambling, it just needs to come out of my head.)

I just want to grab life and love with both hands, bundle it in my handbag and go.
Please listen to the passion i am capable of, push me to my limits
UNDERSTAND
and let me understand you. Think of me as i do you. All that is in your heart, your mind, i want to drink and soak it all up.
Eyes fixed, soul wrapped around soul.
A tangle of arms, legs, love and complete trust, even though we don't know it all, maybe never will.
I'll trust because of what we already have seen, felt.
Adore all my quirks, let me delight at yours. Vulnerability exposed and washed away in a single breath.
Talk, discover we are the same, discover we are different.
Talk and kiss and explore and fuck and kiss and stroke and be in my head.
Be there and so will i.

2 comments:

Suze said...

Such heart felt words. Sometimes we just need to release.

Anonymous said...

Lovely. And if you think it, it already gets you closer to where you want to be.