Sunday 19 August 2007

Missed Opportunity? (part 1 -real)

When my friend and i went out the other night we got very wet. And not in a good way.

The rain was torrential. Our clothes were saturated and clung to our mud splashed legs. Our shoes were squelching. It was bad.
What was worse was the fact that 5 minutes before leaving the house i had fake tanned my legs. Nothing crazy you understand. Just subtle, to take the edge off and to make them match the colour of my arms.

I now have permanent rain splashed legs and have been wearing trousers ever since which i don't like as i'm normally a dress wearer. Sigh.

Anyway what this is really about is the fact that i think i may have missed an opportunity.
By now you might know that i am bi-curious.Actually, I hate that label, i like to think of sexuality as a spectrum. Sometimes you are nearer one end than the other, that's all.
So, as i was saying, i think a girl made a pass at me.
My friend and i were walking around this shop (we were at an opening night party, darlings) cocktail in hand when i felt a hand stroke the back of my neck. I turned round expecting to see someone i knew.

'Can i just tell you i love your dress? You look lovely in it.' She smiled a huge smile as i shyly said 'Oh, er, thank you!' and off i went.

I am stupid!
The thing is that it didn't occur to me that she fancied me. Stuff like that just doesn't happen, or does it? She was beautiful too. Coffee coloured skin and an amazing mouth. There was nothing i could do about it. My friend doesn't know about my little secret and i'm not sure how she would react. If i'd been alone i would have gone back and spoken to her (once i had computed what had just happened). Who knows, that could have been what i've been waiting for. For now i'll just have to imagine.......

11 comments:

Vi said...

Ooohhhh, what a shame!!! I once had a belly dancer hit on me. She was very hot, but like you, didn't really know what to do!

n said...

Vi, i will be prepared if there is a next time! Have been thinking what i should have done and what could have happened ;)

Kahless said...

Guys, it was the surprise of it that caught you that was all. You would know what to do if you had wanted to respond.

n, if you are that curious, then why don't you go to a gay bar in your nearest city?

n said...

Kahless, I need a friend to go with as i'm nervous! But it has to be a friend that i can tell, and i don't have one of those!:(

Bad Bad Girl said...

I think that I have missed many opportunities as well, but sometimes you are just not ready for 'the hit'. One night you will be open and ready for it- and the opportunity will present itself again.

Fire Byrd said...

The fantasy is so much easier to deal with, than the reality.
My bi sexual fantasys are great, the reality of a woman making a pass at me scares me shitless.
And the three times i've tried to do it, got rejected.
so it will stay fantasy for now.
px

Kahless said...

N, then dont go at night go during the day. Can you have lunch in a gay bar; take a paper and see what happens!

Luka said...

Opportunity will knock again, never fear. And next time you may be more ready to answer.

Lady in red said...

I bet it made you feel good though that someone had done that

ronjazz said...

N, honey, it's okay to be afraid of something. The trick for all of us is to not let the fear dictate what you do. I have a feeling from what I've read in your last few posts that you are gonna find some bi fun a whole lot sooner than you think.

Thanks for your Harem interest! I'll be in touch, my dear.

Anonymous said...

what would you have said to her if you where on your own and had went back?