Wednesday 12 September 2007

The Same But Different

OK, no more odd rambling posts for a bit. There has been lots on my mind and i couldn't quite put it down in a sensible way so it ended up sounding a bit cryptic, sorry!

Things have been a bit tricky lately. I'll try and explain....
J and i married young, it was all i wanted, still is. J is still pretty much the same person as he was back then but i have changed. I think what we are going through is about us trying to get to grips with that.
I worked from home, by myself until i had children so i think you could say i'm not a mega achieving career woman. Then came another baby and here i am, housewife, mother, wife. I've had some rubbish times (haven't we all) but i sorted myself out with J's help. Now i feel more sorted than ever before. I've got some great, close friends and even a bit of job that i adore and think i'm quite good at.

I have always been a home bird, a perfectionist. The house is always immaculate, that is just the way i'm made. I always had everything perfect for when J got home and i loved doing that. It was my choice to be like that. For a while a change has been coming over me. What once seemed so important just isn't anymore and i have to admit to loving it. I'm different but still me at heart. I hope i can prove that to him.

8 comments:

Kahless said...

Maybe just make sure you still have some good child fun together. Then he will know that you are still you at heart.

Vi said...

He'll get used to it.

Change is as good as a holiday!

Complex Girl said...

Oh good! I'm much too thick for cryptic posts :-)

I'm sure he will get used to it, with much love and reassurance (and love and reassurance, and love and reassurance - damn needy men!) from you.

Change and growth are always good and don't necessarily mean growing apart.

Anonymous said...

if you don't change, you don't grow, and then how can you be any role-model at all to your children? Being the mother of small children can do strange things to your sense of self-identity, because so much of it is caught up in their need for you. Don't stop changing, and don't stop examining the ways in which you do so.

Fire Byrd said...

Change happens constantly, although we don't always notice it.
Secret is when in a relationship to change and grow together otherwise it can feel a very lonely and misunderstood place.
pxx

Joanna Cake said...

Believe me, as the kids get older, having a tidy house becomes more and more and more of a chore because no one else ever puts anything away. Eventually you feel like you spend your whole time clearing up other people's detritus, they come home and the whole thing is untidy again. Resentment sets in.
You do not have to run around behind people like a sheepdog. They have to learn to be independent. Start addressing this issue NOW and save yourself a lot of future angst.

n said...

Hello everyone. I know change is necessary but what happens if you change in the wrong way? xxxN

ronjazz said...

Seems that change is in the wind for a lot of us these days.

You take the torch back, honey. I've come to the conclusion that most people simply hate change. If it affects them in THEIR wallet, THEIR house, THEIR backyard, then something is wrong, they think. In most cases, I would dare to say that is not at all what it's about. It's the constancy of change that keeps us young and thinking and growing. You are obviously a vibrant, attractive, thinking woman. Tell him gently what's happening in your heart and he should listen. If not, then remember: that's about HIM. Not about you. And that is a hard concept to grasp...

And thank you, my dear. I'd love to get to know you better, too.